Sunday, May 15, 2005

Amazon Associate Links

While Amazon does make it easy to create links for associates to link to their product listings from your site, they include lots of inline css and attributes that you don't want if you are using your own imported styles. And the process is still time-consuming and repetitive.

So I coded an AmazonLinkBuilder class in Ruby that builds the link HTML for the books I'm reading and have read. Given a config file with the title, isbn, and (optionally) rating, the link builder determines if it's a Book or a RatedBook (one that I've read), and then builds the links appropriately.

I don't know of any way to update my blogger template outside blogger's UI, so I still have to do that piece manually. I guess I should submit it as a feature request if it's not possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home