Saturday, October 29, 2005

no truer shiny words were spoken

I'm at a place in my life where these words hit me in a deep place.

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: It ain't all buttons and charts little Albatross. You know what the first rule of flyin' is? Well I suppose you do, since you already know what I'm about to say.

River Tam: I do, but I like to hear you say it.

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she ain't keepin' up just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her up when she ought to fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keens, makes her home.

River Tam: Storm's getting worse.

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: We'll pass through it soon enough.

-- From the movie Serenity, written and directed by Joss Whedon.

Am I flying the wrong ship? Will I make it through this storm?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home