Saturday, February 10, 2007

Voice of Reason in the Senate

Hats off and eternal gratitude to our honorable Senator Patty Murray for standing up and speaking out against the surge and the Republican filibuster preventing debate earlier this week. Makes me proud to be a Washingtonian.
"... I strongly oppose the surge. Escalation is the wrong direction. I will vote to put this Senate on record opposing the surge, if the Republicans will end their filibuster. And I will continue to fight for a new direction in Iraq. For too long, the voices of our troops and our citizens have been blocked, and today Senate Republicans are trying to continue that obstruction. I say - no longer. The debate must begin -- our country will be the better for it."
Now let's just hope the rest of Congress and President will listen and begin true dialogue so I can be proud to be an American again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home