Thursday, November 10, 2005

silicon flashback

A couple of buddies and I were reminiscing the other day over the computers we had in our jaded youth. I guess that makes us real geeks since we weren't reminiscing over old girlfriends.

This inspired me to produce a list, in order of acquisition. This doesn't include the PCs I've used at my places of employment - just ones I've owned.
  1. Radio Shack TRS-80 Color Computer

  2. Commodore 64

  3. Atari 800 (fun games!)

  4. Apple ][e (my dad's but i used it when he wasn't looking)

  5. Mac Color Classic (not in use, still works but makes a funny crackling noise)

  6. Compaq Presario 1610 Laptop (not in use, but still works)

  7. Power Macintosh 7500 (Loaned this to a friend but never got it back. Had it running Yellow Dog Linux at one time.)

  8. Power Macintosh G3 (Blue & White) (currently my iTunes music server)

  9. Custom built Pentium III, 500mhz (now a Gentoo Linux development server)

  10. PowerBook G3 (Bronze Keyboard) (not in use right, but it still works)

  11. PowerBook G4 (15" FireWire 800) (daily workhorse)

I suspect the TRS-80, Commodore, Atari, and Apple ][e may still be at my Mom's house.

I predict number 12 will be an Intel PowerBook.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kim said...

Appreciate youu blogging this

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home