Tuesday, October 16, 2007

RESTful route changes in Rails 1.2.4+

Imagine my surprise when, after updating to Rails 1.2.5 on a new project, all my RESTful urls and paths changed from using the semi-colon (";") character to designate the controller actions and went back to using the forward-slash ("/") character as used for non-RESTful routes.

At first I thought it was a bug or something I did wrong, but I guess I need to read those change notices a little more closely. If you read the comments, you'll see a lively hullabaloo on why ";" might not have been the best idea to start with. Opinionated and perhaps more semantically clear, but not exactly in accordance with other libraries or the RFCs.

Still I was just getting used to ";" and still think "/" is a bit semantically overloaded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home