Tuesday, August 12, 2008

New life to the Blunnies

It's unfortunate that so few things are made to last these days. And when I find something that is well made, I am loathe to part with it.

Fortunately I found a shop in Salem, Oregon that can resole my Blundstone 500 boots with Vibram soles. Most places won't try this because the original soles are injection molded to the leather upper.

Since Blundstone has moved it's factories from Australia to Asia and I don't know how they compare in terms of quality, and since it's taken me 7 years to get these fellas broken in just the way I like them, I'd rather not part with these old friends that have taken me to so many places.

If anyone has tried these folks for Blundstone repairs and has feedback, or can recommend someone else who has done a good job, please drop me a post.

The next question is, "What do I wear while my Blundstones are in the shop?!"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you gotten your blundstone's resoled yet? I have a pair that need a resole and want to know if the guy in Oregon does a good job.

6:26 PM  
Blogger victorcosby said...

@Tim: Unfortunately, I have not fixed them yet. Sugar River Outfitters was having a sale and I snagged a new pair for $99. But I may try resoling the old blunnies myself when time permits.

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually enjoyed reading through this posting. Many thanks.

Blundstone

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home